How to Apply
Our next application cycle will be opening in Fall 2023. The priority deadline will be on January 31st, 2024. Applicants can continue to apply after the priority deadline. Applications and supporting documentation received after the priority deadline will be reviewed as space allows.
Information about our Application Portal
Applicants will be able to submit their STAR-PREP application via the online application portal Research Logix. Applicants can access the portal by clicking on the "Apply to STAR-PREP" button located above and on the homepage.
- The online application will include questions about your address, demographic information, academic history, research interests, and research experience.
- You'll be asked to provide names and email addresses for three references. References will receive an email from the system once the application is submitted.
- Please remind all references that they will be receiving an email directly from Research Logix with a link to upload their letter.
Required Uploaded Items
- A recent CV/resume
- Transcripts from all universities/colleges attended. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the review process; once admitted to the program, official transcripts will be requested. Before uploading, please redact your SSN or student ID number.
- You will also be asked to respond to and upload several responses to prompts. Please be specific and respond carefully to each prompt.
As part of your application, you’re being asked to answer 8 questions total. Please upload your responses to the following two questions. There is a not a page limit for the two questions below:
- Why are you choosing to apply for a Postbacc program instead of applying directly to a PhD or MD/PhD program?
- Where do you envision your career to be in 5-10 years and does this career goal require you to obtain a PhD?
Please upload your responses to the following 5 questions. Answers to these questions should be in essay format. Keep total response length to 2 pages.
- Describe your interest in and passion for biomedical research.
- Describe any life experiences including personal challenges that have helped you make important decision and/or prompted your interest in biomedical research.
- What are the most exciting questions you answered or information you learned while involved in research? Why do they stand out.
- What particular (specific) research fields or topics are you interested in and why?
- Describe how you contributed to or solved a challenging research question or project problem.
Please upload your response to the following additional question. Responses to this question should be limited to half a page.
- Describe yourself or your sense of your identity and how you would contribute to the diversity of a post-bacc program and ultimately to science.